SATToSE 2017 will take place in beautiful Madrid, Spain
SATToSE 2017 will take place at the Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, in the building at Plaza Manuel Becerra.
- Talks are in the Salón de Grados (second floor).
- Coffee breaks will be on the second floor, in the 'recreation area'.
- Lunch will be in a nearby restaurant across the street, still in the Plaza Manuel Becerra.
- Hackathon will be in the Salón de Grados.
- The Universidad Rey Juan Carlos offers eduroam Wi-Fi, which should work for most attendees.
- If you do not have an eduroam account, or can't get it to work, please contact the organization (grex at gsyc.urjc.es) as we will have to create a guest account for you.
The local airport, Madrid-Barajas, is easily reachable by air, with direct connections to major European and other hubs.
The airport is 10 minutes away from the venue by car.
Metro: The metro costs 4.5 euro (single ticket) and departs every 5-10 minutes. Travel time is 30-40 minutes and you will have to change once to get to the venue.
Taxi: This may be convenient, if more expensive option; cost is 30 euro. Credit cards are accepted in all taxis.
The Metro de Madrid is fast, safe and tidy. Plaza Manuel Becerra is served by two metro lines: line 2 (red) and line 6 (gray, the circular one). If you are not close to the Plaza de Manuel Becerra, it may be interesting to buy a 10-ride ticket. See Season tickets and discounted fares
Bus stops (and bus lines) nearby:
+ Calle Doctor Esquerdo: 12, 56, 143, 156, C2
+ Calle Alcalá: 21, 38, 53, 106, 110, 146, 210
+ Plaza Manuel Becerra: 2, 71, 106
There are plenty of Hotels in Madrid (in the website note the distance to Manuel Becerra).